Financial Agreement Plan

Financial agreements are entered into under certain sections of the Family Law Act. For example, if you plan to enter into a marriage contract, you must enter into your agreement in accordance with Section 90B. If you are currently married or separate from a marriage but have not yet divorced, you need an agreement under Section 90C and divorced couples are subject to Section 90D. In order to make it easier for you to select the right agreement, we have provided the „Choose your agreement“ pages that will take you directly to the right document kit. We will guide you with simple explanations and we will make sure to receive the exact document corresponding to your circumstances. When binding financial agreements were introduced in 2000, the law referred to them as „binding financial agreements,“ but were only available to married couples. For reasons that are known only to those who designed the law, the word „binding“ has been dropped, and since 2008 they have simply been referred to as „financial agreements.“ You can be a married couple, de facto or of the same sex – it makes no difference. All are treated equally under the Family Law Act and anyone residing in Australia can enter into a financial agreement. In accordance with Part VIIIA for married couples or Part VIIIAB for de facto couples of the Family Law Act 1975, you can enter into a financial agreement before, during or after the end of your relationship. The term financial agreement is therefore actually an umbrella term that covers each phase of a relationship. Some reasons why the page could not be found may be: The short answer is: Yes, they are the same document.

We apologize for the inconvenience. The website you are looking for is not available. To find what you are looking for:. . . .

This entry was posted in Allgemein. Bookmark the permalink.